Monday, March 12, 2007

"Bi-per!"

Just a few minutes ago, I was sitting here at the computer reading an article and Akiko came in.

"Uh oh, Mommy! Poo-poo!" ("Poo-poo" means she's wet herself and "Eeww! Cucka!" means she's has, in fact, pooped.)

So she proceeds to take her diaper off and I tell her to go throw it in the garbage and get a new diaper. She's very good at following directions like that.

A little while later, she runs into the living room to Joseph, holds up the diaper and yells excitedly, "Bi-per!"

Joseph tells her, "Go give it to Mommy and she'll help you put in on."

I didn't hear what he said but seconds later, Aki is at the office door, once again holds up the diaper and yells with no less enthusiasm than the first, "Bi-per!"

Of course, I say to her, "Go ask Daddy to help you put it on." She gets all excited and I hear her running back to Joseph yelling, "Bi-per!"

He, once more, tells her to ask Mommy to help. At this point, Aki lowers the diaper, gets a confused look on her face (probably rather frustrated by now too) and asks meekly, "bi-per?"

I'm almost surprised she didn't ask him with a "please" but Joseph decided that he would finally help the poor girl put her diaper on.

No comments: