I'm still trying to figure out this blog thing. I think I'm doing okay. I've had a lot on my mind this week, as opposed to last week. Here goes:
What do you know? The day after (or maybe it was the day after that) I posted my shiny new blog, the nausea kicks in. I wanted to do something special for Joseph's birthday last Monday, but we didn't really do anything special. I did bake him a really yummy devil's food cake though. I could only handle a small piece and I think he and Aki ended up eating it all.
So I've felt crappy all week. Every day a little worst than the former. In fact, today I spent all day in bed crying and trying not to throw up. Luckily, Akiko was being a wonderful little girl. Well she usually is a wonderful little girl, but she was especially so today. Even when Joseph was gone and it was just her and me. I only got out of bed because Christian and Megan had rented a movie that we've been wanting to see and invited us over for a family group date night. I ended up eating too much popcorn, jelly beans and M&Ms and left feeling worse than before. And that was after a filling meal that Joseph made for me. One week down 6 or 7 or 8 left to go.
I don't remember how I handled the first trimester with Aki. It seemed easier. But maybe it just seems worse this time because I'm in the middle of it and when it's over, I'll look back and think "What was I complaining about? It wasn't all that bad?" Besides, I've got to admit, post-pregnancy recovery is much harder than the nausea.
So, I borrowed a potty training book from the library (which I always remember is overdue once it's too late to do anything about). It pretty much says that we need to be consistent and to keep taking her to the bathroom every couple hours. That was hard for me at first, because before I got pregnant, I only went to the bathroom twice, maybe three times during the day. Now I go more often, but it's usually a sudden urge and I don't have time to coax her into the bathroom with me. Aki only likes to sit on her potty if your in there with her sitting on the big one. Besides, I don't feel like I have the energy to be consistent about it. Today, however, she did wipe her bum with the toilet paper instead of her nose like she usually does. Then she took some more paper and wiped her nose, but I still count that as progress.
I thought I had more to say about all of this. My mind has drawn a blank. I know later tonight I'll be lying in bed thinking, "Oh yeah! That's what I was going to say!" I hate moments like that. It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George is being heckled by that guy at work about the ocean wanting it's shrimp back. And George only thinks of the perfect thing to say once the guy has been transferred out of state. Of course what he had to say wasn't even a great comeback, but I think you get the point.
Oh well, it's getting late anyway. We've missed church twice in a row now and I would like to get up early enough to go this time. Aki keeps asking to "Go turch?" all the time. She suddenly loves it. I really just think she likes being around kids her age instead of her boring old parents. Even if it's just for a couple hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"Today, however, she did wipe her bum with the toilet paper instead of her nose like she usually does."
...she wipes her bum with her nose?
I wondered about that too. I've seen dogs and cats do it, but humans aren't usually that flexible. I'll try it myself, though.
Ok, fine.
She wiped her bum instead of her nose with the toilet paper.
I liked the first version the best. I actually know a couple of guys in my ward who try to wipe the Bishop's bum with their own noses.......ha ha
Besides, if the kid is that flexible, she could become a world class gymnast, or in the Cirque Du Soleil or something--which is a fantastic show by the way....
Post a Comment